Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ye Must Be Born Again (John 3: 7)

The question that God is asking you now is, "Would you like to receive the gift of eternal life?" Because this is such an important matter, let's clarify just what it involves. It means that you need to:
  1. Transfer your trust from what you have been doing to what Christ has done for you on His cross,
  2. Accept Christ as Saviour by opening the "door" to your heart and invite Him in. He says: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him ... " (Rev. 3:20)
  3. Receive Jesus Christ as Lord. Give Him the "drivers seat" and "controls" of your life, not the "back seat".
  4. Repent and be willing to turn from anything that is not pleasing to Him. He will reveal His will to you as you grow in your relationship with Him.

Now, if this is what you really want, you can go to God in prayer right where you are. You can receive His gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ right now. "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Rom. 10:10, 13) If you want to receive the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ, then call on Him asking Him for this gift right now.

Here's a suggested prayer:

"Lord Jesus Christ, I know I am a sinner and do not deserve eternal life. But, I believe You died and rose from the grave to purchase a place in Heaven for me. Lord Jesus, come into my life; take control of my life; forgive my sins and save me. I repent of my sins and now place my trust in You for my salvation. I accept the free gift of eternal life."

If this prayer is the sincere desire of your heart, look at what Jesus promises to those who believe in Him: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on Me hath everlasting life." (John 6: 47)

Welcome to God's Family!

  1. If you have truly repented (forsaken, turned away) from your sins
  2. Placed your trust in Jesus Christ's sacrificial death
  3. And received the gift of eternal life
  4. You are born again, a child of God! Forever!

Welcome to the family of God!

"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name." (John 1: 12)

Today is your Spiritual Birthday!

A day you will always want to remember!

The Bible speaks of those who receive eternal life in these words: "Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1: 13)

From this time forward, as He gives me strength, I will seek to trust Him and obey Him in all areas of my life.

What's Next?

Just as a newborn baby grows physically, in a similar way, you can grow spiritually by taking the following steps:

  1. Read the Bible -- starting with the Gospel of John, read a chapter each day. (1 Peter 2: 2)
  2. Prayer -- spend time each day talking with God. (Philippians 4: 6)
  3. Worship -- regularly attend a church that honours Jesus Christ and teaches you the truth of Scripture. (Psalm 122: 1) (John 4: 24)
  4. Fellowship with True Christians who will help you grow in faith. (1 John 1: 3)
  5. Witness -- tell others what Jesus Christ means to you! (Acts 1: 8)

If you have trusted Christ as your personal Saviour as a result of reading this, and you want further help in the decision you have made or if you have more questions about the Christian faith, please contact us by e-mail or visit http://www.emmanuelbarrie.org.

No comments: